Wednesday, October 6th, 2010...12:16 am

Get your Amplifier Kits!!!

Jump to Comments

Do you have $50 – $100 dollars?
How about a Soldering iron and a screwdriver?

You do?! Well you are in LUCK… That is all you need to build your own amplifier!

That is what I would picture an old advertisement in the late 1800s to sound like for the new amplifier kits produced by Heath Company. Millard states that after buying this kit, enthusiast would follow directions and the circuit diagram that was provided and hope for the best.

I had to laugh at that, hope for the best.. how do you sell something like that?

Then again I would probably be someone who bought it, instead of buying one that cost $800-$1,000, I could buy two or three of the kits incase I messed up. I also love the idea of building things on my own, or taking things apart and putting them back together.

Hence, my DVD player and my lap top. Unfortunately, my lap top I should have saved for a professional because I definitely made it worse. My DVD player on the other hand I was able to take apart and put back together, retrieving the DVD stuck inside and managing to get it working again. Even though I’m not exactly sure how I did it, I still made it happen.

I guess that’s all part of the fun, you don’t know if it will work but each time you get a little closer to figuring out at least what didn’t work.